We are keen to encourage people in Longparish to make use of this licence and the brilliant audio-visual facilities at the Village Hall.  There is more guidance below.

The Licence

Our umbrella licence comes from MPLC (the Motion Picture Licence Company) and gives us access to films from over 140 premium Hollywood producers including Walt Disney, Touchstone, Dreamworks, Twentieth Century Fox, MGM, Paramount and Universal.

It allows us an unlimited number of screenings of any eligible films at the Village Hall

Both Individual Members and Affiliate Groups of the LCA can use the licence.


  • No advertisement may be made of the title to the general public – this means in the local/national press and on websites. However, Hill and Valley as the local parish magazine is fine, as are posters/flyers locally. We can also send an email to LCA members or post on the LCA Facebook Group. We can advertise a ‘film night’ on the website and on the LCA Facebook Page, but only with dates not film details.
  • No charge may be made to view the film. The LCA typically just puts out a 'Donations' bowl by the door, but you can make a charge for an event that happens to include the showing of a film. So, for instance, if you want to show an Ealing comedy and serve tea and biscuits whilst having a chat afterwards, you could charge for the tea and biscuits.
  • The licence is only applicable to LCA-related events held in the Village Hall. People attending must be members of the LCA. As long as you have printouts of our Membership form available, non-members can join at the door.
  • The films shown must be a legal copy of that film – but they can be your own personal copies or bought/hired ones.

Other things to be aware of

  • You will have to book and pay for the Village Hall
  • It is your responsibility to make sure the film you want to show is covered by our licence. A list of Producers and Distributors is here. Or you can This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to check.
  • If you want to organise a film event and have a cash bar, you will need to ensure you arrange this when you book the hall, as the alcohol licence also has certain restrictions that go with it.
  • The instructions for using the audio-visual equipment are on the inside of the AV cupboard doors. We recommend that you have a trial run before your event - sometimes hall users alter the sound balance which can mess things up.if there's a problem, you should be able to alter things back. We hope soon to be able to demonstrate an 'ideal' balance set-up. Watch this space!
  • The LCA makes no charge for the use of the licence - we're pleased if it is being used.

Alternative licensing arrangements

If you want to show a film from a producer/distributor not covered by our licence or you want to charge for tickets to your film show, you can explore the possibilities of Filmbank and its SIngle Title Screening Licence. Price List.